[DeTomaso] Amp gauge

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Sat May 19 11:55:30 EDT 2012

I also decided that a voltmeter made more sense than an ammeter but I wanted
to keep the stock look of the gauges, so I had a gauge shop install VDO
voltmeter workings into my Veglia ammeter housing. Now, it looks OEM but is
a functional voltmeter. An added benefit of a voltmeter is it can be
connected to the car's wiring harness with quick release connectors. In
fact, you can then connect every component in the removable gauge panel with
quick release connectors. I can have my gauge panel out of the car in about
a minute. Those three little thumb screws are now able to serve their
intended purpose and are no longer just for appearance.

Here's what it looks like from behind: http://tinyurl.com/7y5qmbe