[DeTomaso] Amp gauge

Forest Goodhart forestg at att.net
Sat May 19 00:24:00 EDT 2012

Think of the ammeter as a flow meter that measures how much current is flowing
and which way. All loads except the starter should be on the downstream side of
the meter so that only the net added or reduced flow of current to or from the
battery is measured. Mike's statement is mostly correct except that any load on
the battery side will show as a high flow to the battery when in fact it is
flowing to the load when the alternator is charging. In that case you can't tell
whether the current is going into the battery or the load.