[DeTomaso] Who can check a Texan Pantera?

David and Marilyn Bell davidabell at att.net
Fri May 18 17:06:20 EDT 2012

I have stock floor pans. I would guess that the combination of the Corvette
seating height being higher than a stock Pantera seat plus the extremely
tall Corvette electric tracks are adding up to 3 or 4 inches over stock.  It
would definitely help but would also have to be a pretty drastic floor plan
drop to accomodate all that extra Corvette equipment height - butt dragging
territory.

The Corvette seats in mine work great on the stock Pantera tracks.  I would
have liked to use the electric track, but it wasn't really all that
important. I'm the only person who drives my Panera so the seats tend not to
get moved except when I need to access/remove the firewall cover.

I'll admit though that it was a fairly tricky to drill blind holes in the
Corvette seat buckets so that they all lined up exactly with the Pantera
tracks which had to be mounted to the floor pans to maintain the proper
track alignment.

Dave Bell