[DeTomaso] Who can check a Texan Pantera?

David and Marilyn Bell davidabell at att.net
Fri May 18 10:09:29 EDT 2012

I noticed that the black Pantera has Corvette C4 seats on 'electric tracks'.
I can tell you from experience that anyone over about 5'8" won't be able to
comfortably drive that car as the seat height will be excessive.  I
sectioned 1-1/2" out of a set of corvette mechanical tracks trying to get
them to work in my Pantera, but they were still had my head too close to the
roof with C4 seats (I'm a long legged, short waisted 5'11")

The Corvette electric track is another inch or two taller than the
mechanical track and also can't be shortened.

I ended up mounting the Corvette seats to the stock Pantera seat tracks, and
then because the Corvette seats are about 1" taller than stock Pantera
seats, removed the webbing from the Corvette seat bottoms.  That finally
gave me enough room to comfortably wear a helmet inside the car.

YMMV.

Dave Bell