[DeTomaso] Amp gauge

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Fri May 18 05:18:08 EDT 2012

First, I like my amp gauge, and don't want a voltmeter instead J

Question: First real drive this year, engine with new lifters work well, new
brakes also (except they squeal!)

But having gotten a new battery, I paid attention to the amp gauge. Is this
right? When a coolant fan turns on (one is on thermostat, one controlled by
rocker switch), the amp gauge shows approx. 30 amp higher charging. Both
fans get plus directly from the battery, and is controlled by orig relays.

If the amp gauge acts like that because of my setup, no problem, I just want
to make sure the charging of the battery is not too much.

Any electrical geniuses here? Thanks

Mikael