[DeTomaso] Who IS the Pantera owner?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu May 17 22:23:53 EDT 2012

In a message dated 5/17/12 18 38 3, lotus0005 at hotmail.com writes:

> What is the average Pantera owner's main goal regarding their Pantera?

The interesting, fascinating thing about us is that there *is* no such
thing as an 'average' Pantera owner.   While it's possible to make broad
generalizations about owners of other marques and models, it's really impossible to
pigeonhole Pantera owners.   We can be rich or poor, smart or dumb,
mechanically gifted or utterly hopeless, sophisticated or crude, classy or
tasteless, educated or ignorant, and on and on and on.

If you look hard enough, you might even find a liberal or two. :>)

That's one of the things that makes any gathering of owners so fun and
interesting. Rather than a grouping of a bunch of like-minded people, you'll
find people from across the spectrum of society, people who might not otherwise
have any reason or inclination to speak with one another, now bonding,
building friendships and learning from one another.

That, to me, is the single greatest feature of the Pantera--the friendships
it naturally engenders.

The cars themselve reflect this great diversity--everything from
rough-and-ready track warriors to gleaming chrome trailer queens, to beat-up drivers,
to nut-and-screw original 'collector' cars--all of them can be found among
the broader group of Pantera owners.