[DeTomaso] Steering rack disasters....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu May 17 22:23:51 EDT 2012

In a message dated 5/17/12 18 54 10, daryl.architect at gmail.com writes:

> Hey Mike. Have you guys ever refurbished one of the funky "sardine can"
> Renault racks from a Mangusta? Mine's getting a bit "juicy".
>

>>>I've opened the top up and peered inside, but that's the limit of my
knowledge of those things.   I don't know if they have any kind of wear issues
the way a normal Pantera rack does (the nylon bushing on the passenger side
wears out, leading to massive slop in the right wheel, and often manifesting
itself in a pronounced knocking sound from the right front of the car when
going over bumps at speed).

Do you have any specific complaints about your rack?   Or is it just
leaking?   Or ????