[DeTomaso] temp senders

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 20:06:34 EDT 2012

I used the recommended 'Jeep' temp sensors to fill the holes on the radiator.  I think if you search google for the pantera fluidyne radiator, you will find a description of the part numbers.  the sensors fill the holes just fine, but they do not ever activate.  my engine ran up to 210+ and the fans didnt come on.  I ended up putting a separate temp sending unti in the upper hose off the thermostat (metal pipe at the engine) and wired that to a relay for one of my fans, and i have the other fan wired to a manual switch on the console (the blank dummy switch).
here is what I found:  CarQuest Temperature Sending Unit TS165