[DeTomaso] Factory Mirrors on eBay

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Wed May 16 16:26:20 EDT 2012

I'm very curious what makes you think these mirrors were a genuine pantera
part from Ford?
The Ford parts book lists only the D16Y-17682-B as the OUTSIDE MIRROR.

The parts book shows no option for a remote controlled driver side mirror
either. No period photos I've seen show the remote mirror control in the
door panel or these mirrors.

I think maybe this whole deal is a scam.
What proof is there that they are original pantera parts?

Maybe a HALL PANTERA part?

Respectfully,
Barry

----
Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Wed May 16 14:07:13 CDT 2012

FYI:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120913596066?item=120913596066&viewitem=&sspagename=
ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

Muy Dinero.  I'd like to have a spare set but this is Ferrari money.  Got
outbid
on a set many years ago on eBay, was the 2nd highest bidder at $75.  These
don't
come up very often, but prices seem to be ever escalating.  Part numbers
shown
in the listing look legit to me.

GD