[DeTomaso] A cautionary tale...

Jim Gray grayjim at att.net
Wed May 16 12:52:45 EDT 2012

Chris,

You must not have ever owned one!  I had three starting with a '71, a '74 and a
'79. I have never had three such poorly built, underpowered cars.  The last one,
the '79, had the L-82 engine but on a drive from OK to TN I could not keep up
with the 18 wheelers on I-40.

If it ever rained all three leaked unbelievably around the t-tops.  The
suspension creaked and groaned and interior pieces rattled.

Other that that they were nice cars. 8~).

YMMV
Jim Gray