[DeTomaso] How would one set dual points on a stock distributor?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue May 15 20:47:56 EDT 2012

It's really a pain in the rear.  Last time I did it, I got it "close
enough" with a feeler gauge.  It took patience, putting up with pressure
points as I lay across the engine trying to carefully get it right.  One
trick is to rotate the shaft so you make sure the peak of the bump is
where the greatest gap is when using the feeler gauge.  Then it was all
down to timing.

By the way, it ran a lot better with the new points.  The old ones were
way burned up.

Today, I put in the Pertronix Ignitor III module.  I'll probably fire it
up tomorrow.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie