[DeTomaso] Temp sender wires

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue May 15 15:52:03 EDT 2012

I'm in the engine compartment doing some work.  I need to check my temp
sender.  I checked the wire to the temp sender and it does move the dash
gauge.  The red with black tracer wire is bundled with an all black wire
that simply terminates into nothing.  It was wrapped with electrical
tape at the end, against the temp sender wire.  I'm at a loss to
understand why the temp sending wire is bundled with this other wire.

Was it necessary to run a separate ground wire to the sender when it was
tank mounted?  If so, where did it attach?  There is no stud on the
swirl tank.

Thanks,
Asa Jay

--