[DeTomaso] Updates from Asa Jay's Garage

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon May 14 23:48:47 EDT 2012

What happens when you slack off over the winter? Very Happy
You end up working on the car during Autocross season. Confused

New Koni coil-over shocks are now in.
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=4779
<http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=4779>

I just have to set the ride height but I'm kind of waiting on my new
wheels and tires. I bought the wheels from a friend, out of state. Not
sure when they'll get here. Once I have them, I'll go out and buy some
new rubber. Then I can properly set ride height.

Cleaned and painted the brake calipers for a little bling.
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=4809
<http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=4809>

Bled the entire system, installed ATE Super Blue this year. I've had ATE
200 (the Amber color) in for the last year. Sure makes it easy,
especially with a power bleeder. Did the clutch while I was in there too.

Replaced the front wheel bearings. It's been over 10 years so I figure I
might as well.
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=4839
<http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=4839>

They were in really good shape though, hard to see a need to replace
them. But, all new bearings, races, seals, grease, and this time around
I'm using special locking nuts, like those found on Porsche 911s.

I'm now working on installing a Pertronix Ignitor III module in place of
the dual points.

I'm still not sure about the engine swap yet.  It needs to be done and
running by next Tuesday (week from tomorrow) if I do it. I'm just not
sure I have the time.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie