[DeTomaso] Brake question

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 13 16:15:49 EDT 2012

In a message dated 5/13/12 9:05:55 AM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> I like the idea of the brake pressure gauges, though they can't be seen
> with the lid closed.  Did you find they were of any use when making
> adjustments or did it end up just being a piece of bling after it was all done?

FWIW, I used my gauges twice since installing them in 2005: first when
adjusting the front-to-rear brake balance, I noted the pressures in each circuit
(with & without the engine on 'suppliying' vacuum to the vacuum booster),
and the next time was when I changed to Porterfield pads and had to
re-balance. Since I run a Byars-adapted GM master & booster, Wilwood Superlite 2
calipers adapted in front & Porsche 911-S front calipers adapted in back, my
pressures are not relevant to anyone else's, though.
In the MR-2 Shop Manual, they specify front and rear pressures without a
road test, although EVERYONE road-tests and readjusts as req'd since like the
Pantera, few MR2s run stock tire sizes or compounds- which is what the
factory specs are set for. Cheers- J DeRyke