[DeTomaso] Clutch Slave Epidemic

Scott Carpenter scscottc at gmail.com
Sun May 13 13:26:22 EDT 2012

Wow all of this talk about Clutch Slaves sure is timely... Yesterday I
replaced my Clutch Master as I had found the old one was cracked at the
mounting point.  Install the new master and we poured some fluid in to get
ready to bleed the system.  It starts making a glug glug glug sound... I
look at my friend who was in the car... He was testing the brake pedal feel
as we had just installed and replaced the brake master and bled that system.

"Um where is the fluid going?" I asked.. "Beats me he replied"...  So
around to the back I go and ask him to push in the clutch pedal... Sure
enough fluid is absolutely pouring out of the clutch slave... Doh!  Looks
like I too will be ordering a new slave from Marino.  Good to hear he is
still in business though, when I saw his web site was gone I was worried he
was a victim of the economy.

So how many people have lost clutch slaves this month? Strange that so many
have gone bad in the same time frame...

Scott