[DeTomaso] Water temp sender update

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun May 13 11:47:12 EDT 2012

It was about 15 years ago or so, a bunch of folks in our local Mustang
club who had been doing rebuilds, ended up with running really high
temps.  It was kind of worrisome.  I was one of them.  The temp gauges
read high but the engines never overheated.  It turns out we had all
bought brand new temp senders and they were all reading high when
checked against a thermocouple.  This lead us to believe the
manufacturer wasn't getting the internal ohmic values correct.    So you
can't really trust the sender all the time.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA