[DeTomaso] Brake question

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sun May 13 10:34:53 EDT 2012

Ron, take it to your nearest Les Schwab / Pep Boys / brake service joint and
have them do a full pressure flush and bleed.  Shouldn't cost more than
$50-75 and you'll be amazed at the difference.  Also, with the wheels off
the rear, disconnect the e-brake cable, and work the lever with a pair of
channel-lock pliers.  If they don't snap back smoothly when you let go,
something is sticking and you may need to rebuild the piston(s).  Also, a
less than snappy return may mean the spring is tired and needs replacing.

Mike Thomas