[DeTomaso] what is the purpose of the long throw clutch slave?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 13 02:02:31 EDT 2012

In a message dated 5/12/12 10:25:20 PM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> The increase in throw should be proportional to the decrease in piston
> bore area.  I think someone said there was about 1 15% increase in throw?
> You could get the same effect using a larger dia master cylinder, for
> example, a 13/16 would give about 17% greater throw and pedal effort.

One has to be careful with this approach. The stock slave cylinder bore is
quite short and its entirely possible to increase the piston's travel enough
to allow the piston to come out and cock in the bore, thus disengaging the
engine. Since the stuck piston is inside the stretchy boot, some owners
might not realize what happened.Tow-truck time! Good luck- J Deryke