[DeTomaso] Quick Release Steering Wheel

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed May 9 15:24:11 EDT 2012

In a message dated 5/9/12 11 32 36, jbreardon at yahoo.com writes:

> Due to some roll cage tubing I need to install a quick release steering
> wheel to make it easier to get in
> and out of the car.  Can anyone give me advice and what to buy? What do I
> need to know about the
> steering column to order this system?  There is a trade off in the size of
> the wheel and the effort to turn the wheel. What is the recommended
> diameter of the wheel? Brand preferences and etc.

Jim,

This one is a no-brainer.   Most of the vendors have quick-release setups
sitting on the shelf.   I prefer a Momo Prototipo wheel, as fitted to the
original Euro GTS, and later GT5 and GT5-S by the factory.   Wilkinson sells
those, along with the suitable adapter.

Dennis Quella sells LeCarra wheels, and Bobby Byars does too, I believe.
He might also carry Momo?