[DeTomaso] Subwoofer Options in a Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue May 8 16:16:45 EDT 2012

In a message dated 5/8/12 11 51 16, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I need some hi-fi installed into the Pantera. We've got a CD player and
> some component speakers. We'll need a subwoofer solution but where will it
> go?

Two answers:

1)   In another car!   Who needs a stereo when you have the Cleveland
Symphony Orchestra riding around right behind you!

2)   If you insist, there is opportunity for creativity.   There is a
relatively large area of unused space in the engine bay behind the passenger
seat.   People have cut big holes in the firewall and constructed metal boxes
which protrude into the engine bay, and fit subwoofers there.   One guy even
made a small trunk compartment about a foot deep, with a door into the
interior; just flip the seat forward and you can access it.

I still prefer option (1) however!