[DeTomaso] valve ticking

MyCars MyCars at Comcast.net
Sun May 6 12:56:36 EDT 2012

I had the same ticking a few years ago. This may or may not be the same...
I had stamped rockers, these rockers each have a metal clip in them to
stop the oil from squirting over them.
Three of those clips were broken on the passenger side and one broken on
the driver side. The clips were sitting on the heads, apparently not
causing any trouble,  but the rockers were not properly lubricated.
The only change I had to make was replacing the rockers (with Ford
Racing Roller Rockers)... no more ticking for me ;-)

Roydon