[DeTomaso] Speaking of clutch slave and master cylinders

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Sun May 6 11:52:10 EDT 2012

I didn't want to hijack Charlie's topic and issue, but I am wondering:

1.  I have the late model compound clutch pedal linkage, a new master cylinder, and have no idea which slave to get.  Several vendors offer "long throw" slaves.  What slave cylinder works well?  I will probably get a McLeod clutch.
2.  I have heard of newer reproduction master cylinders leaking.  How do I tell if I have one of the reproduction master cylinders that leak? I'm not fond of trying it just to find it leaks.

Corey