[DeTomaso] Nevada ticket help--not so good news

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu May 3 17:47:14 EDT 2012

I can't help with a lawyer in Elko County, I used a local Reno lawyer to get me out of a Washoe County trumped up "Drag Racing" citation. That's a story in itself... a ticket from a zealous cop who knew nothing about what he was writing. I never was quite sure how you can drag race against yourself, but it cost me $1500 to get it down to a 5mph over posted speed limit and $95 fine, the alternative was a huge fine and 8 demerits.

Here in NV a front license plate is required, however there is a little known by-law that states if your car was not designed with a front plate mount you can carry the plate in the car under the passenger seat. I keep a copy of that one with the plate!

The Washington law is a little quirky as I don't know of any other state where a yearly tag is not issued. An out of date or non existent tag will get you pulled here faster than a $5 hooker, so definitely worth carry all the paperwork.

Julian