[DeTomaso] MORE dipstick confusion???

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Thu May 3 07:15:26 EDT 2012

Forgive a late comer to this discussion, it may have been said before.

1. If 4 deg is 3.5 cm over 50 cm, then the effect is 3.5/2=1.75 in one end,
right? And since our oil pick ups are in the same end of the engine as the
dipstick, the effect is even less, maybe to be ignored?
2. All this about tube and dipstick length, all that matters is (with
dipstick fully inserted) the length from the full mark on the dipstick, to
the thick part of the tube (where it stops when you insert it in the block).
That's how far it measures down in the block. What happens outside the
block, a short straight tube like on my Longchamp or the long bent in the
Pantera doesn't matter

My Pantera dipstick is out at the moment, so if anybody has the measure
mentioned in 2., let me know, and I'll compare.

Thanks

Mikael