[DeTomaso] Most expensive ticket in a Pantera and otherwise?

Lynn Wall cars at wt-inc.com
Tue May 1 21:12:02 EDT 2012

Not sure if this qualifies, it kind of goes the opposite way....

When I was 17 I was delivering Christmas gifts for my father's company in my
personal truck.  My truck was very distinctive looking and fast. My father
was giving out very nice bottles of Vodka and I had two cases of them in my
front seat.  It was December 23

I was driving and showing off for my buddy and doing some pretty stupid
stuff (not drinking, thankfully) when I got pulled over.

The cop told me he lost count at 18 different violations that included:
Speeding
Exhibition of speed
Running a red light
Making turns without blinkers
Speeding in a school zone
Illegally crossing the center median to turn into somebody's driveway
And the big one.... reckless driving for doing some stupid stuff in a
parking lot and on public and other private property

Needless to say I was crapping my pants.

He put his flashlight in my truck and saw two open cases of Vodka, I thought
I was going to jail right then.

He asked me my story and I told him the truth.  He took my license and went
back to his patrol car.  When he returned he told me, "consider this your
Christmas present" handed me my license and drove off.

When I got home my father asked how the deliveries went.  I told him "fine".
He looked at me and asked if I had any trouble, I told him "no".  He then
looked at me the way only a dad can look at his guilty son and left the
room.  It turned out that my scout master, and good family friend (also a
cop) heard the conversation between the cop and dispatch and intervened on
my behalf.  Then called my dad and told him everything prior to my getting
home.

So the price I paid was a week of tearing myself apart with guilt and
knowing that my dad knew "something" but would never let on.  It was Hell.
I would have rather gone to jail than what I put myself through.

He finally confessed that he new everything.  Worst Christmas ever.....

Lynn