[DeTomaso] Most expensive ticket in a Pantera and otherwise?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue May 1 14:14:24 EDT 2012

In the late '80s at a Fun Rally in 'Vegas, we heard the Colorado contingent
had a run-in with the Law on the way in. Seems that some of those guys
liked 427 conversions and while in a group, one car outran the spotter airplane
and escaped.... This seemed to really P.O the cops and the fastest one in
the remaining group got a $2200 ticket (at 20th century prices!) and a chewing
out by the local judge, along with threats of "we'll be waiting for you
guys on your return trip...." They all went home the longer (but cheaper) way.
Good(?) ol' days- J DeRyke