[DeTomaso] Side Gills - Painting and/or Removing

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Mar 31 21:30:50 EDT 2012

Last year I painted my side gills, only to have the paint run when I
splashed gas on the driver's side unit while filling on the way to Reno.

What kind of a paint can I use that will not dissolve when gas hits it?

Or, I know removing the side gills can be a chore, especially if you are
trying not to break the pins.  What kind of a clip or other is holding them
on there, and what is the best way to remove them?  Thinking the alternative
to paint would be getting them powder coated.

Thanks
Mike Thomas