[DeTomaso] WANTED: Pantera Seats/Corvette C5 seats

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 19:29:07 EDT 2012

Bjoern,

I actually have both.... a pair of seats out of a 1973L that need recovering as the vinyl is torn. I offered them to someone in Europe on the PI forum for the cost of shipping, but he didn't take them. Scott at SACC Restorations has quality replacement foam and seat covers available at reasonable pricing. If it was shipped to my place I could box it all up and ship onward.

http://pantera.saccrestorations.net/index3.html

The Gary Herrig seats were the C4 1984-93 square style, I have no idea whether he is still offering those, they were something like $800, but a lot of that cost is the base Vette seats which fetch good money. What I have is the later 1994-96 style (more rounded) which personally I prefer. I haven't finished them, but I got a set of custom seat covers made with the De-Tomaso logo embroidered, they just need fitting to the seats... too many projects.

I don't know of anyone using a C5 seat, but no reason it would not fit. The C5 seats don't have as much side bolster for support, so not as constraining as the earlier seats, which was a complaint by C5 owners as the driver tends to slide around more. I have seen a set of Dodge Viper seats in a Pantera and they looked good, albeit they were custom upholstered for the job.

Cheers,
Julian