[DeTomaso] NPC - Toyota Prius

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 19:00:50 EDT 2012

The Prius is not a bad car, but you need to factor in battery replacement.
I don't know how long the battery lasts in the Prius.  My friend Google
probably has a pretty good idea.

I've talked with plenty of Prius owners.  They tend to average mid 40's in
mpg.  As usual, your mileage may vary.

Once you include the battery replacement costs, they're not much more
economical than a VW turbo diesel or something along those lines.

But... they have plenty of room, and they do pretty well for a small family.

And... they have the same build quality typical of Toyota.

So, I don't really see how he can go wrong.

Look at it this way.  The Prius has been selling like crazy for several
years.  A large segment of the population hates hybrids.  If the Prius had
major flaws, they would be tearing it apart.