[DeTomaso] Tire Pressure Recommendation?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 14:55:08 EDT 2012

In a message dated 3/28/12 10:15:55 AM, lashdeep at yahoo.com writes:

> What tire pressure is recommended for a GT5/GT5-S running the "new"
> Yokohama AVS?

Depends entirely on what you're doing with the car. For short-run
competition use, I've run as high as 52psi in back and 48 psi in front on 245 & 275
tires. This high pressure will not ride well, though. For long-distance
touring with 2 people & luggage, 40 in front & 44 in back improves mileage &
makes steering a little easier. For 1 person around town where streets might be
in worse shape, 30 in front & 34 in rear may be more comfortable if sloppier
handling. Some experimentation will help find what works best for you and
your particular car. But a split of 4-6 psi front-to-back (back higher)
balances our car the best. Good luck- J Deryke