[DeTomaso] FW: Fun Rally racing

Steve Hawkins shawkins777 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 28 11:49:09 EDT 2012

Here it is again corrected with my e-mail address.

Jim

ARIZONA PANTERA OWNERS OF AMERICA

High Performance Drivers Education
Sponsored By Pantera Owners Club of America & Coz Motorsports

Track Day
APRIL 26, 2012

Drag Racing
APRIL 27, 2012
Track Event Information

The 2012 POCA HPDE will be held at Firebird International Raceway and it
promises to be fun for all. Please join us for a day tracking with many
DeTomaso Pantera’s.

To change things up this year we will be road racing one day and drag racing
the next evening.

Firebird International Raceway is a multi-track facility located in Maricopa
County, Arizona featuring various track layouts. We will be using the Main
Track at Firebird International Raceway, a 1.6-mile road course which has 14
turns and a 5/8-mile straight-away; it is used for amateur road races,
testing for professional racing teams, television commercial production
companies and ride & drive programs.

This event is designed to give you a safe environment to explore the higher
limits of your car and to improve and refine your abilities behind the
wheel.  The goal is to improve your skills as a driver and to strengthen
your knowledge of what your car can and can't do.  Our philosophy is that a
good driver is an aware driver: aware of the car, aware of the track, aware
of other drivers.  Listen to your instructors.  There is a reason they are
in the right-hand seat.  They all started out in the same place you are now.
Utilize their knowledge to enhance yours.  Good students make the teaching
easy and enjoyable for all parties concerned.

We will have more than enough instructors at this event so that all students
on track have access to instructors for the entire event. Our instructors
are experienced NASA track or racing veterans who are serious about your
learning experience and your safety!

Instructors will be available for all groups upon request.  We will be
limiting the number of cars per run group to reduce traffic congestion.  We
have the full track event schedule planned such that there is as much track
time available to each group as possible.

The program will also include a classroom session for C Group, as well as
plenty of opportunity for discussion with instructors when you are not
driving. The day begins with Track Registration on 4/26 Thursday morning
with Registration open from 6:00 AM TO 7:00 AM with check in at the
registration tent, that’s when you’ll turn in all your required
documentation and signed forms. You will be given you drivers packet and
event shirt at that time. Those who have not pre-registered should arrive
early to fill out paperwork and get registered.

Tech inspection will be from 6:00 AM to 7:30 AM and everyone must be cleared
through tech for.

>From 7:30 AM TO 7:50 AM, we will hold a MANDATORY driver’s meeting, and
after the meeting, the fun begins !

There will be plenty of track time for all within 3 run groups. The run
groups will consist of A Group for experienced drivers in competition
settings; B Group for intermediate drivers and C Group for beginner
instruction. Instructors will be available all day to work with you if
requested at any level.

Lunch is included for all Attendee’s that participate in the POCA-AA HPDE
Event on the first day. Food will be available on track for all spectators
as well.

Fuel is available less than ½ mile from the track and 100 and 91 octane are
available. Availability of Octane fuel rated at 104 or more can be made in
advance by contacting Jim Cozzolino with your needs.

Spectators are welcome to join in the fun
There is no charge of any kind for
spectators and they are welcome to take pictures of the fun from various
viewing angles around the track.

Our goal for this event is that you have a great time, leave a better driver
and drive your car home at the end of the event. Events like this help you
gain more control driving your car at higher speeds and understand your
limits in a safe environment and personal comfort zone.

There’s a run group for everyone!

The cost to participate in the POCA Fun Rally Track Event is $200.00 for
track event only on Thursday April 26th and $235.00 if you would like to
also participate in the Drag Racing Event to be held on Friday night April
27th .

Questions regarding logistics, administration or more information regarding
the event can be answered by sending an e-mail to Jim Cozzolino at:
Cozmotorsorts at cox.net.

Our goal for this event is that you have a great time, leave a better driver
and drive your car home at the end of the event. Events like this help you
gain more control driving your car at higher speeds and understand your
limits in a safe environment and personal comfort zone.

There’s a run group for everyone!

The cost to participate in the POCA Fun Rally Track Event is $200.00 for
track event only on Thursday April 26th and $235.00 if you would like to
also participate in the Drag Racing Event to be held on Friday night April
27th .

Questions regarding logistics, administration or more information regarding
the event can be answered by sending an e-mail to Jim Cozzolino at:
Cozmotorsports at cox.net.

Spots are filling up, so either get signed up or let Jim Cozzolino know if
you would like to be put on the list for this great event that’s sure to be
a great time

Jim Cozzolino
POCA AZ