[DeTomaso] NPC: THX1138

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Wed Mar 28 08:55:27 EDT 2012

One of those movies where the car scenes are the only reason to watch it.

I've had this film on VHS for years. Seen the movie twice, the car scenes
maybe 50 times. Today I got a DVD version, with scenes I've never seen
before, look computer generated.

I especially love the scene where Robert Duvall has stopped due to
overheating, then when restarting apparently he can't control it and makes
so much wheelspin that the car points in all directions. And when he finally
gets it pointed in the right direction, the way the front end lifts every
time a gear engaged, that's just great!

Is it Lolas that they use for these scenes? Front end is just about the most
beautiful on any car.

Mikael