[DeTomaso] Subject: LAYDOWN OR STRAIGHT UP RADIATOR

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Mon Mar 26 20:33:50 EDT 2012

You're not missing anything.

Some of it depends on availability, how hard is it to actually find a
351C specific thermostat?  For a while there, it was damn hard...
you'd have to go through boxes and boxes at the parts store to find
one because the guy behind the counter was clueless and the listings
in the books were wrong.

Today it's a lot easier, seems that somehow, a whole lot of the parts
supplier people got smart.

Don't trust the little "hat" stops enough flow (see my previous
photos), then maybe you want to block more of the flow off and keep it
from bypassing, even when the thermostat is open.  Oh, it -will- get
through; some amount -will- bypass even with the thermostat wide open.
  Whatever gets through is counterproductive to cooling.

Testing how the idea performs?  Well, that's what the Pantera
Technical Institute is all about.

Asa Jay