[DeTomaso] Subject: LAYDOWN OR STRAIGHT UP RADIATOR

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Mar 26 17:18:15 EDT 2012

Um... yea...

That's -my- photo from the 351C undergoing forensics in my garage.
And in fact it goes along with an illustration of the thermostat plug
and "hat" being inserted through the hole:
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2651
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2654
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2657

Here is a shot of the one in my Pantera engine:
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2639

and after installing a freeze plug (press fit) in the hole so a normal
thermostat can be used.  Note this removes the bypass function and
leads to longer warm-up times.
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2814

and this is opposed to what we have an a 400M block, where the bypass
hole is cast into the block:
http://www.351c.info/gallery2/v/asajay/351C_Build_2001/thermo_housing_M_400.jpg.html
That photo is courtesy another list member whose name I forget but who
was considering installing the 400M into their Pantera a long while ago.

Asa Jay
<share and share alike, glad to see the photo's being used>

Quoting MikeLDrew at aol.com:

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home