[DeTomaso] Subject: LAYDOWN OR STRAIGHT UP RADIATOR

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 23:15:39 EDT 2012

My A3 heads had such ports.  I filled them, because I didn't like the way
they looked.

It didn't make a lot of sense to me. A3 heads have holes drilled in the
intake face that go into the water jacket.  They look like one more set of
bolts for the intake manifold, but they go all the way to the water jacket.
I believe some intakes use the holes, but my intakes do not.  It would be a
perfect place to install bleeder valves.  I thought about using them as
such, but I wanted a cleaner install, and I'm happy with my air bleed
method.