[DeTomaso] Recommendations of auto shipping companies and insurance companies for a Pantera.

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 11:14:24 EDT 2012

Denny,

Great to hear you found the Pantera for you.

Where exactly is it if 650 miles from you? This might affect the transport company recommendation. For long haul I would recommend one of the national's like Reliable or Intercity, but there's a few good smaller/one man operations that can probably transport the 650 miles in your case. The guy that the Florida Transport Company used to pick up the maroon Pantera and deliver it to Long Beach was based out of Pollock Pines and had a single car enclosed trailer. Great guy, very knowledgeable and attentive to details. His company was Blue Heat Transport. http://blueheattransport.com/

My cars are all insured with TDC, by far the cheapest option for me, but (fortunately) I have no experience with claims. When I obtained multiple quotes Heacock came in quite competitive, but they were hung up on track days and paddock coverage, so I didn't go with them, but and I hear god things for pure street drivers. Hagerty is very well regarded but not cheap.

Julian