[DeTomaso] Balance, was Re: I *hate* it when that happens....

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Fri Mar 23 23:24:55 EDT 2012

@Dan, not sure I share your trust that any off the shelf flywheel will be
balanced exactly the same.  Come to think of it, with that offset weight, how
might one check one flywheel vs. another?

Relatedly,

@Ken, how does your buddy match the balance of a new flywheel and / or PP to the
old one without bolting it to the crank it was balanced to and spinning it?
Assuming the flywheel and PP were drilled to balance the crank, they're
"off-balance", and duplicating that off-balance on replacement parts separate
from the "reciprocating assembly" seems a tall task.

Thanks,

Guy D.