[DeTomaso] coyote engines question

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 22:01:31 EDT 2012

Boyd,

Can't comment on what power it will make, but I bet it isn't bad.  I see the dilemma behind the question, and I would get the 11:1 version if it were my choice.  The difference between the two engines you list and the stock engine (also available as a crate engine) is that both of the listed engines have forged rods, forged pistons, Boss valve springs, and a few other things.  The stock engine has powdered metal rods and hypereutectic pistons.  Ford gets away with weaker pistons by using oil cooling jets as I understand it.  So, if you want to run a supercharger, the two engines with forged rods and pistons will both be better than the stock engine.

Corey