[DeTomaso] coyote engines question

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 20:03:35 EDT 2012

For those of you that have an interest in or have been following the new
5.0 coyote modular engine I have a question.  There are two variations of
this engine available  part # M-6007-A50SC* and M-6007-A50NA* These engine
appear to be identical with the exception that the M-6007-A50SC* is
designed for use with a supercharger and has 9.5:1 compression ratio and
the M-6007-A50NA* is meant for natural aspiration use and has 11.0:1
compression ratio and 412 HP.
My question is if someone wanted to use the M-6007-A50SC* supercharged
version , but was not ready to install a supercharger (waiting for the
money) would it be possible to use this engine with the lower compression
ratio ( with adjustments made to the ecu programing to compensate for the
difference in compression) and what type of horse power drop do you
estimate would result from the lower compression ratio? I know this is
hypothetical (unless someone has access to information specific to this
issue.)

Thanks,
Boyd