[DeTomaso] door handle spring

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Thu Mar 22 11:19:11 EDT 2012

Jeff,

Unfortunately, no.  Check with the vendors to see if you can buy just the pivot pin.
At one time, I think that it was PI Motorsports that had a pivot pin that installed with
e-clips.  I don't know if it was sold separately.

You might be able to drill and tap the end of the pivot pin.  Use a flat washer under
the screw head and install with blue locktite, as you probably won't be able to tighten
the screw without binding the pivot pin.  4-40 may be the largest that will work.  Assemble
so that when the handle assembly is installed in the door, the head of the pivot pinj
will be at the top, and the screw will be at the bottom.  That way the pivot pin won't
fall out due to gravity if the screw were to back out or break.

John