[DeTomaso] NPC - Ultimate Rail Rider

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 20 20:44:49 EDT 2012

  On my trip back from the 24 Hours of LeMons a couple of weeks ago at
the Carolina Motor Park, I dropped in on my old friend Jerry Pentaleri
and his charming wife, Jackie, in Greenville, SC.

Many folks on this list know Jerry, who was the original owner of his
beautifully prepared 1974 Pantera up until a couple of years ago.
Jerry, who owns FW Tool, in Greenville, SC, is a man of many talents.
His passion for fast vehicles goes beyond the ones that run on the tarmac.

Before I left, Jerry took me over to his production facility to get an
update on the resurrection of his Rail Rider (RR), the fastest rail
rider in the world, the Ferrari of rail riders, built by Jerry some 30
years ago. The RR is being prepared to again roam some of the forsaken
and rarely used rail lines scattered around the US of A.

An overview of the RR can be seen at:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.369674113072594.88632.100000900252005&type=1&l=47e7a47449

Before any skeptics sound off, and while not widely known, there is a
national organization that regularly rides the rails, called NARCOA. For
information on this very unique and well organized group of rail riders,
visit their site at:
http://www.narcoa.org/

Jerry and I are now taking requests for riders for the first few
excursions, on a first come first serve basis.

Dick Koch - Atlanta

PS - As have many of my other car brethren friends have chided, Jerry
didn't fail to ask me when I was going to "resurrect" my Pantera.
"Someday", I said.