[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 92, Issue 19

J. Sean Keane jskeane6 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 23:31:45 EDT 2012

On 3/19/2012 4:00 AM, Mike Drew wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm parts-chasing for a guy in Germany that wants a good 100-amp THREE-wire
> stock-style alternator, with the stock external voltage regulator.

I chased all the stories about police car alternators (I'm sure they
existed, but good luck finding one) and finally mail ordered a 100-amp
unit from someone that had been recommended on this list. It gave out
after two months, and I was left holding the bag (30-day warranty). I
then took a 65-amp unit that I bought from O'Rielly Auto Parts for $50,
and had it upgraded to 95 amps by a local alternator shop for another
$75. The theory was that I could take it back if it went poof like the
previous one, but it's been running great for six months now (and has
solved all of my battery draining issues).

Figuring in tax, the cost for a three-wire 95-amp unit should be nearer
to $135 than $190.

I have another 65-amp unit on the shelf that I'd be happy to take to the
same alternator shop and have upgraded to 95 amps for you. I'd only
charge what I'll pay for the upgrade and shipping; you can have the
alternator for free, as payback for all the help you give everyone else.
Tell me if you'd like me to do that.

Best Regards,

J. Sean Keane