[DeTomaso] Good three-wire alternator?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 12:41:29 EDT 2012

I have spent a lot of time looking at SOBill's circuit drawings and the wiring in the car.  Switching to a volt meter and a one wire alternator makes it all much simpler.

I talked to a local starter/alternator manufacturer, who makes one of the best starters you can buy, about one wire alternators and he said that the problem with most of them is the cheap electronics they use.  He sells a custom 180 amp Demso alternator and said the electronics, bearings, etc, are much better than just about anything available.  All I need is one big wire to the starter and that's all the wiring for the alternator.  They also strongly recommend a fuseable link.

UPS is replacing thousands of their cheap Chinese starters with his starters which is a pretty good indication of the quality.

Ken