[DeTomaso] Has anyone used the Earls 510ERL oil cooler adapter?

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 18 22:35:57 EDT 2012

I have the t-stat version.  Maybe that's why it wouldn't fit for me.  I
could probably find the proper -10 o-ring fittings to make it fit, but they
aren't cheap, and I didn't want to keep buying parts until I found something
that worked.  That was several years ago.  I don't remember all of the
details.

My favorite oil cooler idea is to run higher oil pressure at the pump
(shimmed spring), and then to use an external bypass pressure regulator,
sending the bypass oil to a front mounted cooler, returning to the pan.  You
can set the pressure where you want with the external regulator, and you
don't hurt oil pressure with the oil cooler.

If you don't like that idea, you could use an external electric pump,
similar to a differential cooler pump.