[DeTomaso] Has anyone used the Earls 510ERL oil cooler adapter?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 14:50:50 EDT 2012

This is a sandwich adapter designed to retain the oil filter in the stock location (well albeit pushed out an inch further). If you intend to use a remote filter this is not the part to do it with IMO, a simple spin on adapter with straight fittings will work better in that case. Personally I would go with that latter, relocate the filter and use a remote thermostat housing if required, as it's pretty tight for the sandwich adapter and oil lines in a Pantera in my experience.

If you do use the Earls Sandwich adapter the 502 thermostat version has -10 ports, not sure why the non t-stat 510 only has 3/8 NPT.

Julian