[DeTomaso] gas tank padding material???

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 12:06:26 EDT 2012

I had researched the medium density rubber foams - don't remember the exact one that's heat, fuel, and oil resistant, but it was going to cost over $65, which was a little too much for my liking for a few pieces of rubber. So I went to OSH and purchased so medium density foam rubber and had it cut to the widths I wanted to match the original tank insulation. Then I used spray adhesive to secure it to the tank.

I also purchased some dense rubber to insulate the tank, but it was too dense and wouldn't compress to allow me to get the tank back into position. OSH has a pretty good selection of different foams/rubbers.

Cheers!
Garth