[DeTomaso] Has anyone used the Earls 510ERL oil cooler adapter?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Mar 17 14:23:40 EDT 2012

In a message dated 3/17/12 10 36 16, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I've been look for a ndecent adapter to sandwich between the filter and
> block and found this at a lower price than I expected:
>
> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-510ERL/
>
> and it's about $28 with free shipping from Amazon.  It looks a lot better
> than more expensive adapters I found.  Is anyone using one?

Earl's makes great stuff.   However, this is a 'dumb' adapter, which is
only suitable for a water-to-oil heat exchanger (in fact, you must use an
adapter like this with those units in order to get the most out of them).   If
you have an air-to-oil cooler, you need a thermostatic adapter in order to
ensure that the thing doesn't over-cool the oil when you don't want it to.
Those are naturally much more expensive:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-502ERL/

I have air-to-oil coolers and the 502ERL on my GT350 and Cobra.

If you have a water-to-oil heat exchanger, by all means go for the
510ERL....

Mike (who will incorporate a water-to-oil heat exchanger with 510ERL on his
Pantera...someday....)