[DeTomaso] clutch question

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 12:06:12 EDT 2012

 I am planning on  having my car striped  and painted and having the engine
and trans axle pulled to facilitate installing the cross member that will
allow  the removal of the oil pan from underneath the car. I am also
planning on changing as many gaskets as I can to try and remedy the
undiagnosed oil leak.  I am looking for recommendations for a new clutch.
My current engine is not stock. I don't know exactly what internal changes
have been made due to the fact that I bought it from the estate of the
previous owner.  It has an edelbrock performer intake manifold, a Holly 650
double pumper, Hall big bore headers and mufflers, MSD 6al , MSD Blaster
coil (I put in) MSD  8577Pro Billet small cap distributor. Many people have
told me they think the engine has a modified cam and possible head work.
The previous owner owned a car parts business and a shop. He spent a fair
amount of money on the car. He had updated cooling with a lay down
radiator,Meriah sucker fans, S.S. water pipes, over flow tank,pressure
tank, s.s. firewall cover. And lots more trim (like billet covers for the
A-Arms, sway bar, Billet spreader w /Detomaso. Detomaso billet valve
covers. Anyway getting back to the gist of my story. I am planning on
installing a stroker motor when   with 180 degree headers when my engine
guy gets to me (there is a waiting list). The engine is supposed to be 550
HP and  500 to 560 torque. So I want a clutch I can use now and that will
be  suitable for the new motor when it's ready. I think I would like a
double disc clutch. So I am  looking for recommendations.
Thanks,
Boyd