[DeTomaso] NPC: Facinating Chevrolet Assembly Line video from 1936

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Wed Mar 14 09:19:13 EDT 2012

My father has a mess of old cars. Many of them date back to the early
1900's including a couple of curved dash Olds from 1902, 1903 (which he
runs in events every year).

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/old/olds.jpg

That was the car I made a cam for using a hand held grinder (and a
computer program I wrote to lay out the profile and lift):

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/old/oldscam.jpg

I am amazed at what they were able to do in 1902 with metal and machining.
Many people think Ford was the first mass produced car but it was actually
the Curved Dash Olds. They were also the first to use an assembly line.

Gary