[DeTomaso] NPC - "Hornet's Nest" - Sweden

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Tue Mar 13 14:38:27 EDT 2012

Bill Lewis skrev 2012-03-13 18.25:

> In the book, after Berger's home is broken into, she gets some golf clubs to hit the intruder/burglar with.  Later, she is told that if the intruder did come back inside her home and she hit him with the golf clubs that she could be charged with assault, and if she killed him, be charged with murder.  IS THIS REALLY THE LAW IN SWEDEN!!!!     -------------- I'm appalled!!     Here in America, one has the right to defend theirself and their home.  And, here in Texas, you have the right to shoot and kill them.     ----Bill Lewis

It would not likely be murder, probably manslaughter.

You have the right to use appropriate force, just enough to defend
yourself and others, but not excess force.

I think you can use a great deal of force without being hammered in court.

We abolished the death penalty in  peacetime in 1921, although the last
execution  was in 1910. The death penalty in wartime was abolished in 1973.

Thomas